Monday, January 03, 2005

Yesterday

I really wanted to finish this right after getting back from Nicaragua. This was a complete project when I originally conceived it: Nicaragua was the hardest place I've ever had to adjust to...and I guess there was something thrilling about the process, because in two days I'm heading off to India (generally considered an order of magnitude more mindbending than Nicaland by those in the know). So now with the new trip looming (and a shiny new antimalarial prescription in hand*), the Nicaragua experience seems so far away. But I still remember it vividly. It was anti-urban, really: no business districts, no bookstores, no newcomer-aiding infrastructure--and I guess that's something that excites me about my upcoming tour of India. The cities are supposed to be very urban, unlike Managua, which was little more than a collection of small towns and the occasional shopping mall.

So I'm putting yesterday in the past now--for good!--and looking to the future. Ai-yi-yi.

*(OK, it's waiting for me at Costco, but I'm picking it up real soon-like)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home